Monday, December 22, 2008

Getting Noticed

A couple of my attempts to get some publicity for the new book have paid off. Of the seven papers to which I sent press releases, only one responded with a request for an interview. I was pleased that it happened to be the local paper, sold by subscription and on newstands in this city. The story ran last Friday--a quarter-page spread, complete with pictures--very gratifying.

Earlier, when it appeared that no one was picking up the story, I phoned a reporter whose work I've admired and who has interviewed me in the past. She made an appointment and came out to my home. We chatted and she took pictures for an hour. The result was a piece that ran in another paper.

It's a good idea, I've decided, to get to know one or two reporters personally. It saves a lot of needless effort and can result in a more in-depth article.

Season's Greetings.
Peggy

No comments: