Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I keep a little, hardbound book where I save bits of poetry and prose that speak to me. Because today is Valentine's Day, I'd like to share this poem that I clipped some years ago. Unfortunately, I no longer have the author's name to pass on with it. It's not my work, but I'll call it Love Poem

Whiskers in the sink?
Why complain? It would be silly.
They belong to my guy.
Soggy towels on the floor?
I pick them up and say nothing.
Socks and shorts that didn't quite make the hamper?
I quietly put them where they belong.
Crumbs in the bed? Hey, where's my pillow?
Newspapers strewn all over the place
As he sits and watches hockey and baseball on TV.
But what do I care?
I am not alone --
That messy guy belongs to me.
He bought our house.
He loves our kids.
He zips me up and pats my behind.
He keeps me warm and smiles a lot.
He's faithful,
And he loves me.

To My Own, Special, Smiley-Eyed Guy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: